Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Mood Boost

I don't like the treadmill - I think we all know this - but today I decided to go ahead and spend some time on it.  A friend of mine suggested a tv show to help the time go by, but it's in the basement, and there isn't a tv down there.

Instead, I chose some music.  Normally, I would pick something pretty rocking, but today, I turned to a different sort of play list.  I typed in "Jeremy Camp" into my streaming radio, and let the phone do the rest.  I ended up spending 40 minutes on the treadmill, and since it is slipping from the move, I have to have it at a bit of an incline (and bummer!  no running), until James can tighten it up for me.

It turned into such a wonderful time.  I focused more on the music, then on the workout, and then focused more on my Savior then on the music.  It was a wonderful, refreshing time, and I was able to go back to the family and help them with their needs with a better attitude and outlook.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get back on the exercise track. You just reminded me that I am a much better person when I do!

    ReplyDelete