Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Down, But Not Out

I said I would be honest, and here it is – only the second post, and I have something to confess.   

James and I decided that as soon as the job he was working on was finished, we would start our new lifestyle.  In fact, until he gets his next job (that’s a whole different story), we will make it our current job to get in shape. 

But now this job is going long.  And since our personalities tend to be all or nothing, we can’t just start.  (Yeah, it doesn’t make that much sense to us either.)

When James called me this morning and told me there would be nothing he could do at the job site because of all the rain, I went into a mini-funk.  “Great.  That is one more day that we don’t get started!”   Wait!  That is old attitude.  I promised myself that this time would be different.  

So, now it is decision time.  Do we just roll over and wait for something to happen, or do we make it happen?  It wasn’t much, I admit that.  But it was better than nothing.

We Juiced!!  Love the way juicing makes me feel.  Besides all the good I am putting into my body, I just like how it boosts my mood, and gives me more energy to get other things done.

imageThis is our juice having just gone through the Omega, before getting stirred.  It’s a mixture of  “What’s in the fridge??” 
DSC_0013
I prefer mine with ice, but James like to drink his straight from the juicer.

After our juice, I had errands to run and kids to pick up, but James took the middle two to the pool and played with them until the thunder kicked them out – about an hour.

I did end up walking the two little ones down to the pool to watch Daddy and the boys, for a bit.  And I knew that I was feeling better when I said yes to that.  It’s not far enough to count as exercise, but it was good to do something on a day that seemed shot.

Who knows, maybe a walk will be in my evening plans…..

No comments:

Post a Comment