Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Is It Foggy Outside, or Is That Just My Brain?

Wheeeee.  What a day today has been.   The good news to start.  We got on the scale today, after 2 full days of juicing, and both of us were down 4 pounds!  Yay!!  Although we understand that it can just be water weight, it is still so exciting to see the scale move - and finally in the right direction!

By the afternoon, we were both in such a fog.  I don't think it was from a lack of caffeine.  In fact, I have had zero headaches, zero "I need caffeine NOW" moments.  I think it was just from the lack of fat in our diet.  Our brains need fat.  People who avoid fat like the plague must also avoid any clear thinking, in my opinion.  We realized that being functioning adults superseded anything else we had going on, so we turned our afternoon juice into an afternoon raw soup with the addition of 1/2 an avocado, and a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
By that evening, we were both feeling a bit better, and better able to carry on a conversation with someone besides our 2 and 3 year old children.  Feeling the fog lift was a great feeling indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment