Sunday, August 21, 2011

Which Do I Prefer?

I got this great idea to download the demo of Zumba onto our XBox.  I convinced my oldest son that he should do it with me.  I did the first 4 minute workout, then he did it, then I did the second 4 minutes and he followed.  So, after combined workouts of 16 whole minutes we could barely do any more.  Mostly because it was hard!  And because we were laughing at each other way too much! 
 I felt like such a wimp!  8 minutes with a 4 minute break?  Pathetic!
So, in order to combat my super wimp status I got on the treadmill for 20 minutes.  Not that exciting, but honestly, walking without going anywhere isn't all that dynamic to me.  I did get some much needed quiet time however and that was good.

But I wasn't quite done.  Since we still haven't gotten the Bowflex set up in the basement, I decided to just grab some free weights and do some arm work outs.  It was great that one of my sons (the 12 year old) came down to join me.  He has an issue with push ups, so we worked on those for a bit together and I showed him some arm exercises he could do as well.

I would have to say that there are two kinds of exercise that I enjoy the most.  Outdoors, it would have to be bike riding.  I have ridden a bike since I was little (didn't most of us?), and even though it was sometimes the only way to get to someplace I wanted to go, the love of being out on the open road is something that I really enjoy.
Inside though?  Really only one thing.  Weight lifting!  I love it.  I love the sense of accomplishment when I get through another rep or add more weights to the reps I am already doing. 
Darn!  Now I really want that machine set up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment